Follow these tips to ensure that
nothing gets damaged enroute. We take exceptional care in the
loading/unloading and moving of the boat but are not responsible for any
damage caused by the following precautions not being taken by the owner.
- Make certain that all loose items in
your vessel such as plates, galley utensils, personal items or any
other non secured items have been secured or removed from the vessel.
- Empty all fuel and water from the vessel
- Disconnect all Battery Cables
- Remove any device or fixture that
extends beyond the hull of the vessel such as antennas, radar,
compasses or depth sounders. These devices should be secured inside
the vessel for shipping.
- Any non secured decor such as tops,
curtains, seat cushions
- Remove the plug from the craft
- You will need to store and secure
Plastic and Plexiglas windshields below
- If you are moving the boat during the
winter months, then you need to winterize the engine, toilets, the
water systems or any other weather sensitive device on the vessel.
- Shrink wrap is an excellent way to
protect your boat during transport. However, a poor shrink wrap may
tear due to the high winds generated by road travel. If this happens,
the vessel could suffer damage from the shrink wrap beating, chaffing
and scratching the vessel. Agonic Marine Transport cannot accept
responsibility for damages caused by shrink wrap.
- If your larger boat needs to be loaded
transom forward, then the craft needs to be shrink wrapped or we
cannot accept liability for damage that may occur to the windshield
- When moving a sail boat, you must remove
all standing rigging, lights, spreaders, wind indicators and all other
types of mast rigging prior to transport. Otherwise, Agonic Marine
Transport cannot assume liability for damage such as scratches or
abrasions that may occur on the mast or damaged rigging or lights left
on the mast during transport.
- All personal belongings should be
removed from the boat before transport. These include cash and
valuables, clothing, sporting goods or any other materials that are
not part of the vessel.